more BBC America Shows on Tumblr »
Almost Royal »
BBC Earth »
Doctor Who »
The Graham Norton Show »
Orphan Black »
The Musketeers »
Top Gear »
BBC America Program Schedule »
Anglophenia Blog »
30 Days of Summer Time Doctor Who
Hello, Whovians and happy summer! With all this sunshine and fun times going on, we thought to ourselves “hey, we should do a thing.”
So we figured why not start a 30 Days meme?
Each day, starting tomorrow, June 21, make a post responding to the day’s challenge. It can be text, an image, your art, a video - whatever you think works best for your answer. Post it to your blog with the tag #30 Days of Doctor Who and we’ll go through and reblog some of our favorites.
30 days is a lot of dayage, so don’t worry if you can’t do all of the days. The point is to have fun with this and be creative!
So have at it:
- Day one (21 June): Who was your first Doctor?
- Day two: Who is your favorite companion, either full time or one off?
- Day three: Invent a new feature for the Sonic Screwdriver. We know it doesn’t do wood, but can it clean up spilled drinks?
- Day four: Who has been your favorite historical appearance? Was it Madame de Pompadour? Maybe Winston Churchill?
- Day five: What’s your favorite episode?
- Day six: If you were the Doctor, what would your catch phrase be? Ahoy, mateys? To infinity and beyond?
- Day seven: Take a selfie in front of a TARDIS! It could be a poster, a toy, a drawing, anything! Just make sure to tag it with #infrontofthetardis!
- Day eight: What’s your favorite Doctor Who audio adventure? If you don’t listen to the audios, click here tell us which summary you think sounds exciting!
- Day nine: Which Doctor Who alumni would you like to bring back? This could be either a character or an actor, your choice!
- Day ten: What’s your favorite piece of music from the show? Did you like Vale Decem? Or perhaps Rose’s Theme?
- Day eleven: Name a who-ism you use irl! Do you like to run around saying allons-y? Do you tell people not to blink?
- Day twelve: Come up with a name for a Doctor Who recipe! Something like Davros donuts or Prisoner Zero pizza.
- Day thirteen: Who would be your ideal Team TARDIS?
- Day fourteen: Mods are asleep! Anything goes!
- Day fifteen: Which regeneration of the Doctor would you most like to meet and why?
- Day sixteen: Which episode or scene made you feel all the feels?
- Day seventeen: Name a crossover that you’d love to see.
- Day eighteen: The TARDIS has a near infinite number of rooms including a swimming pool, a library, and a swimming pool inside the library. Which room would you like to spend time in?
- Day nineteen: What’s your favorite Doctor Who-related youtube video?
- Day twenty: Think of the last movie you saw. Would the protagonist be a good companion? Or maybe they’d be the villain?
- Day twenty-one: Name a planet that you’d like to visit in the TARDIS. Maybe you’d like to go to the planet the planet of slightly over-inflated beach balls, let us know!
- Day twenty-two: What songs would appear on your Doctor Who playlist? Make us a mixtape!
- Day twenty-three: What would your Time Lord name be? The Magician? The Carpenter?
- Day twenty-four: Take a picture with something irl that you think could be from Doctor Who?
- Day twenty-five: What’s your favorite Doctor Who art? Make sure to give the artist credit if it’s not yours!
- Day twenty-six: Show us your best Doctor Who cosplay but you can only use things you can find in your closet.
- Day twenty-seven: Who is your favorite Doctor Who-related tumblr that isn’t us?
- Day twenty-eight: Write an episode summary for Series 8! What do you think the Twelfth Doctor and Clara will have to face?
- Day twenty-nine: Who is your favorite Time Lord other than the Doctor? The Rani? The Master?
- Day thirty (20 July): Make a TARDIS out of things you find in your room!
Good news, Whovians! Series 7 of Doctor Who is now available on Netflix US!
Here at Doctor Who Tumblr we ponder a lot of what-ifs. Like, what if we had our own TARDIS and could travel through space and time to wherever and whenever we wanted? What if we went on an adventure with The Doctor, where would we go and what would we do? What if pizza was a liquid and you could drink it through a straw?
Fine maybe that last one doesn’t really make any sense. How about this: what if we got to ask Peter Capaldi any question we wanted, what would it be?
Well we’re not sure, there’s so many questions we could possibly ask, so we thought we’d throw it to you guise and see what you thought. Make a text or image or whatever-you-want type of post saying what you would ask Peter Capaldi if you had the chance using the hashtag #Ask Capaldi, and we’ll reblog some of the best ones throughout the day tomorrow.
ANNOUNCING. DOCTOR WHO: THE WORLD TOUR
BBC AMERICA and the BBC Worldwide announced today that for the first time ever, the iconic sci-fi series, Doctor Who, will launch a global world tour to introduce Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor.
The tour launches in the UK on August 7 and finishes in Brazil on August 19. On Thursday, August 14, Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman will appear together for the first time in the US when they arrive in New York.
The trip will see Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi, on-screen companion Jenna Coleman, and the show’s Lead Writer and Executive Producer Steven Moffat*, visit seven cities across five continents in 12 days to take part in a series of media and fan engagements to publicize the upcoming season to a global audience.
(Due to production commitments, Steven Moffat will be unable to attend to the entire tour. His schedule will be confirmed soon.)
Peter Capaldi on his excitement ahead of the tour: “It’s fantastic that so many people across the world love Doctor Who. After 8 months solid filming deep in the world of monsters, Jenna and I are thrilled to be heading for the Planet of Fans.”
Executive Producer and Lead Writer Steven Moffat adds: “I’ve always thought we’d all be a lot safer if the Doctor conquered the world, instead of the Daleks. Now with Jenna and Peter leading the charge, it looks like it’s going to happen. I’ll be bringing up the rear to handle the exposition scenes, and maybe carry some bags.”
Richard De Croce, SVP, Programming for BBC AMERICA says: “It’s a new beginning for one of the most popular series in the world and we couldn’t be more excited to have the Twelfth Doctor live in New York to promote the long awaited return of Doctor Who on BBC AMERICA. It’s going to be epic.”
The tour will kick off in Cardiff, Wales before taking in London (UK), Seoul(South Korea), Sydney (Australia), New York (US), Mexico City (Mexico) and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
More details of the itinerary will be available soon at www.doctorwho.tv/worldtour as well as reports from the tour as it happens.
Spend your Sunday with the Tenth Doctor. We’re showing Doctor Who episodes and specials featuring David Tennant all day (all times Eastern/Central):
10/9c: The Christmas Invasion
11/10c: The Runaway Bride
1/12c: Silence in the Library
2/1c: Forest of the Dead
3/2c: Planet of the Dead
4/3c: The Waters of Mars
5/4c: The End of Time
British singer-songwriter Foxes will perform a track and appear in the new series of Doctor Who, which lands this August.
Foxes, speaking about her casting said: ‘I can’t believe I’m actually going to be in an episode of Doctor Who! Especially as it all came about from a chance meeting. I was playing a gig and got chatting to the show’s production team who’d been watching my performance. I was telling them how much I loved Doctor Who and next thing they invited me to be on it. I couldn’t think of a better place to make my acting debut than on one of the UK’s most iconic shows!’
Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer, said: ‘We are completely thrilled that the amazingly talented Foxes is joining us on board … well, you’ll see. Let’s just say, the Doctor is finally catching up on his phone calls.’
Grammy award-winning Foxes has recently been on tour in the UK, supporting her album Glorious, which recently debuted top 5 in the official album chart. This follows on from her three hit singles - Youth, Let Go For Tonight and Holding Onto Heaven.
Guest stars confirmed to join Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman in the new series… include Frank Skinner, Ben Miller, Tom Riley, Keeley Hawes and Hermione Norris.
Starring Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor and Jenna Coleman.
Follow the doctorwho tumblr for all of the latest news!